One of the questions I ask at every seminar that I give is: “Do you have a hobby?” I would say out of a thousand REALTORS that I’ve asked this to, maybe 100 raised their hands. Now this might be because we are not defining what a hobby is or it could be for any other reason but what I’m driving at is writing about your hobbies.
This is just another idea for your blog or perhaps your website if you think it’s suitable. Geography is going to play a part in this. Let’s say you sell property in Northern Utah and your hobby is riding horses. Well, in your area, there are a lot of people that share your same hobby, obviously. This is great but let’s say, same scenario, you sell in Northern Utah and your hobby is putting ships in glass bottles. What or how is this going to help you? As long as it’s not off-putting or something you think you should keep to yourself, it will increase traffic, move you up the search engines and will continue to grow since you LOVE your hobby thus blog writing isn’t so horrible – which is point of this story. It’s hard to write a blog except when you are writing about something you love, hobbies.
Here’s a short list that certainly could be implemented contingent upon your geography:
- Fishing – What works, pictures, clean lakes
- Swimming – Where is good, what kind of prices, best bang for the buck
- Horses – a million things can be written about this
- High School Sports or Pro Sports (keep it clean)
- Dining Recommendations
- Theater Reviews
- Staging Tips
- Handyman Tips
- Tennis/Golf/Racquetball etc.
- Musical Instruments – Guitar Tips etc.
- Gardening – Flowers Etc.
- Amassing Wealth – IRA’s, Annuities, Tax Shelters
- Whatever you are interested in
Again, these are just ideas – use them if you think they are applicable and throw away any that you deem unworthy.